On October 27-29, 2022, Expocity Albania organizes the 3rd Edition of the Construction Fair “Build and Live Smart”. During these three days, the organization will serve as an important communication platform for the most important actors of the construction sector, architecture, urban planning and the general public. In addition to effective communication, the platform will highlight the importance of new concepts for Albania, such as effective solutions, appropriate materials and equipment, to ensure the conditions for the realization of Smart Buildings and Smart Cities.
“Smart cities, that meet the needs of the community, as livable, clean, healthy and attractive spaces, that provide innovative, diverse and available mobility, affordable and equal for all” remains one of the challenges dictated by our times and one of the main focuses that will be highlighted throughout this fair.
The construction industry represents a sector which, for many years, has been and continues to be vital for the Albanian economy, becoming one of the main engines and promoters of economic development. During the first quarter of 2022, a total of 397 construction permits for new buildings were approved, from 251 permits approved in the first quarter of 2021, marking an increase of 58.2%. The area of construction permits approved for new buildings, in the first quarter of 2022, was 1,031,088 m2, from 599,446 m2 approved in the first quarter of 2021, marking an increase of 72.0%. In the first quarter of 2022, the approximate value of construction permits approved for buildings and engineering works, was ALL 39.0 billion, from ALL 26.6 billion approved in the first quarter of 2021, marking an increase of 46.7%.
Build and Live Smart will bring in a single space, the most important actors in:
- Buildings and construction sites
- Construction materials (concrete items, bricks, cement, raw materials, facades and glass constructions, etc.)
- Structures, metal profiles (iron works, decorative, stainless steel, etc.)
- Working tools (nails, bolts, screws, wall plugs, cable ties, discs, welding equipment, electronic scales etc.)
- Hydrosanitary equipment
- Doors, windows and gates
- Building finishes (paints and varnishes, pigments, gypsum frames and profiles, wall paper, stucco, plaster, tile adhesive, tools for painting and accessories)
- Tiles and parquets
- Lighting and electrical equipment
- Furniture and furnishing accessories
- Elevators and automatic stairs
- Real Estate
- Construction associations
- Road construction and infrastructure companies
- Materials for infrastructure (paving tiles, curbs, manholes, concrete pipes, sealants and adhesives)
- Metal materials: steel, aluminum, etc.
- Construction machinery and other services
- Companies providing consultancy for the sector
- Financial sector, banks
- Architecture and engineering consultancy
- Construction projects and services
- Public and private educational institutions
- Investors and financiers of projects
- Designers of air conditioning and ventilation systems
- Designers of platforms for people with disabilities
- Designers of renewable energy production systems
- Designers of Smart Building solutions
- Architectural societies and other related.
- URBAN PLANNING
- Responsible state institutions at central and local level
- Public and private university institutions
- Smart City initiative in Albania and the region
- Projects of various donors in support of this sector.
- Civil engineers, hydrotechnical engineers, geodesists, mechanics, geologists, electricians
- Traders of raw material and equipment
- Representatives of design studios
- Providers or applicants for employment
- The general public